2016 BARBER’S EYE BARBER COMPETITION RULES
- All contestants must bring a live model and barbering tools in order to participate in competition. Model numbers will be given to all participating models once confirmed and check in at the registration area.
- There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner in each category. Prizes to be announced.
- Registration fee: $100.00 PROFESSIONAL is due at the time of registration or spot will not be reserved. $45.00 STUDENT, INCLUDES CLASS is due at time of registration.
- All models’ hair must be cut at competition. Competitor is not allowed to cut, trim, shape or pre-set model’s hair before the competition begins. Semi-permanent color, permanent color, light color sprays and chalks are allowed unless otherwise noted. Barber must show a transformation of the model’s hair. The judges will inspect model’s hair during pre-judging or during check-in. Violation of this rule will result in the deduction of points and/or disqualification from competition.
- All contestants must check in at the registration area at least one hour prior to the battle. If contestant is late, they will forfeit their place in the competition and their paid entry fee or fees. Please look for “Check In” when you arrive to the battle.
- All contestants will have a specific time to complete their particular cut and style. Judging will be conducted on a visual basis only. Judges will use a point system on a scale of one (lowest possible score) to ten (highest possible score). Models will not be released until they have been judged. If there is a tie in a category or prize placement, the judges will determine the final winner.
We are not responsible for models, it is up to you to provide your own, if you do not have one you will not be able to compete and your entry fee will be forfeited. Any confrontation of any sort by barber or models will result in automatic disqualification with NO REFUNDS.
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE AT THE VENUE BY DESIGNATED TIMES FOR YOUR COMPETITION.